Luke 18:1-8 (NIV) “Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town that kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary….”
The purpose of Prayer Works Café was born out of the passion to pray. I grew up praying and therefore my life is built on the foundation of prayer. Prayer is a heart communication between man and God.
This is a vital part of a believer’s development. Talking to God can be compared to a conversation with man. The enemy has created several lies around who can and should pray.
The difference between praying to God is that you can be totally candid and through the Holy Spirit over a period of time the conversation will be developed from perhaps one word to several words.
Another dimension can be from words to praying scriptures. Meaning, the Holy Spirit helps with building a spiritual or a supernatural vocabulary. He teaches on what to pray, how to pray and develop a sensitivity around when to pray.
Listening is a key component of praying. Like any conversation there is a messenger and the recipient; this role is interchangeable for the duration of the conversation.
The same is with prayer. We pray and we should be listening to hear what God has to say.
Who should pray?
Hebrews 4:16 (KJV) “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”
The only condition in this command is to “…come boldly…” Therefore anyone and everyone should pray. God is very much interested in our prayers. Sometimes He answers immediately and at other times there is a waiting process.
Following the format of the Lord’s Prayer works greatly. Matthew 6:13-19
- Acknowledge The Lord (Call Him by name, He is our Father)
- Praise His Name (Offer Praises to God)
- Pray for his will to happen
- Ask for what you need, be specific
- Ask for his leading
- Pray for his deliverance
- End with more praise
When to pray
This is a command which means pray always. Therefore we are to be praying every time, everywhere, and anytime. Pray constantly! It’s limitless!
It is important for us to develop a healthy habit to communicate with God on a consistent basis. Prayer is a tool which is used in warfare against the devil.
No prayer and the believer die spiritually, more prayer and the believer steps into a deeper depth, and higher heights with God.
Through prayer a covenant relationship is created with God and man. “A prayer-less Believer is a powerless Believer.”
- God Honors Consistent Prayer (prayerworkscafe.org)
- I Insist That You Persist! (hispresentgrace.wordpress.com)
- The Most Joyful Day in my Life (prayerworkscafe.org)
- 15 Tips To Help Your Prayer Life (marysaggies.blogspot.com)
- How Should I Pray? (underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com)
- A friend prayed without ceasing – 40 years later she learned of miracles (possesshispromises.com)
- prayer request and breavement Terry goopiegirl2/9-17-12 (prayerboardjesusmyjoy.wordpress.com)
- Prayer For You Today 11/4/2012 (promisebook.net)
- Sermon Notes: Why We Pray (faithinspires.wordpress.com)
- How Can Apostle Paul Pray for Us? (underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com)