Mark 16:14-20 “14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat , and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen . 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved ; but he that believeth not shall be damned . 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe ; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20 And they went forth , and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following . Amen.”
The group went to Camden today to feed. As usual, it was a blessing. Before we could start there was a line of people waiting for us. The welcome was different and we thank God. We have prayed for the people to be receptive and today they were. It was easy to share the word of God, hug, kiss, and just listen to the variety of stories.
We served over 100 people coffee and donuts. Today, it was “very different” we talked with several people and heard some stories that help us know that God is working things out even when things seem down. The overarching message is that his mercy and grace availeth much. We have a lot to be thankful for…
It was a pleasure connecting with Leroy, his family and Tyrell and his friends. They have a lot to share and sometimes just need a listening ear and a face that smiles and reminds them of hope.
At the end, we prayed with several persons; read the word of God with them and lend a listening ear, which for the homeless can be rare.
Father we thank you for the opportunity to share your word with the less fortunate. Father we pray that from this day forward your word will take root in their lives and there will be a change as these people seek after you. Thank you for Camden City and the change that is taking place right now.
- Jesus, You’re My Superhero!! I’ll Tell The World! (godssceneryandpromises.wordpress.com)
- Rhythm of Life (curacy.org)
- The First Supper (merriamuk.wordpress.com)
- The Woman Caught in Adultery: Nothing But a Charade? (arminiantheologyblog.wordpress.com)
- “The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant.” ~~Jesus (mww1954.wordpress.com)
- Ascension Sunday: What’s Christianity for Anyway? (Sunday Homily) (mikerivageseul.wordpress.com)
- The Death of False Gods (twotinsonayarn.com)
- Finding Jesus in Finding Nemo (joshuajmcneal.com)
- J is for My Journey and Jesus (naturalpantheist.wordpress.com)
- the fergascension (theblogofkevin.wordpress.com)