Matthew 8:23-27 (KJV)23 And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him. 24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. 25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. 26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. 27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!
In the mist of every storm my God you are there to up hold the righteous and faithful who walk with you. Your never-ending love for your servants is ever shining across the land.
People look and wonder how can that be, how can they praise Him even when destruction is knocking at their door?
Our reply oh God is with the truth that is embedded in our hearts! We know that our God is forever by our side with His mighty hands outstretched to protect us even if the land around us should crumble. You shield the weak and powerless and strengthen us with your love.
We know and trust that the love of our mighty God can calm the raging seas across the land and within our hearts! You raise us up when the turmoil of the world tries to bring destruction and drown us in misery.
Your promise of an eternal life with you is our hope that sustains us.
- Can you sleep through the storm? (yourchristianresourcecenter.wordpress.com)
- Time to See the Blessing (faith1stministries.com)
- Jesus will calm your storm (truthorshame.com)
- We Wrestle (emeraldogzz.wordpress.com)
- Storms (alifegivingmoment.wordpress.com)
- We Serve A Mighty God (shareaverse.wordpress.com)
- Winds and Hurricanes – Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ahmad Al-feefee (salaf-us-saalih.com)
- Daily Readings Monday 29th October Week 30 Year B/2 (trinitylewisham.com)
- Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- – Hope in Hopeless Times – (hiseternalword.wordpress.com)