Just hours before Domestic Violence Awareness month began, Orlando police said an 8-year-old girl witnessed her father brutally attacking her mother and then kill himself.
Google Image Life after Death
It happened around 5:30 p.m. Sunday in the 4600 block of Stag Horn Drive in Orlando when police were called to the Stag Horn Villas for a report of a “cutting”.
Police said the girl saw 47-year-old Donald Stephenson attack her mother, 41-year-old Nicholette White, and commit suicide. They think the little girl witnessed the attack and went to get help from a nearby neighbor, who called 911.
Police said when they arrive on the scene, they found the two adults with serious injuries on the floor of the home. They both later died at Orlando Regional Medical Center.
People who live in the Stag Horn community said they are disturbed by what’s happened and extremely worried about the girl’s well-being. One woman, who did not want her name used, said she consoled the little girl minutes after the horrible incident.
She said, “I have not sleep all night,” the woman said. “I have been twisting and turning all night. I can’t picture, imagine someone going through something like that. ” Police said the young girl is staying with relatives and DCF has been notified. According to police, the couple was not married.
By Margaret Kavanagh, Reporter, 13 News Last Updated: Monday, October 01, 2012 @ 12:20PM
The story is real and Nicholette White is my cousin.
We do not know where we will die or how we will die. What is for sure is that we will die one day! After death, where will you spend eternity? Ask yourself the question and if you have any doubt that you would be with Jesus. Now is the time to invite him in your heart. This might be your only chance before you go home, literally.
Dear Lord I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that I need you in my life. Please forgive me of my sins and live in my heart from this day forward. Thank you Lord for saving me.
Hallelujah, you are now saved, you are a child of God. Tell someone you have accepted Christ as your savior. Find a Bible based church and get connected.
- Domestic violence deaths in state decreased in 2011 (jsonline.com)
- ‘Woman Killed Boyfriend After Facebook Fight’ (news.sky.com)
- NEW INFO: Man Pleads Not Guilty to Attacking Mother in Hospital (wsaz.com)
- Woman ‘kills man in facebook fight’ (timesofmalta.com)
- Let’s Hope Charlie Sheen Doesn’t Hurt Anyone Else (blogs.lawyers.com)
- Police: Death of mom, 3 children, in Jefferson County may be murder-suicide (stltoday.com)
- Conn. woman charged with stabbing man to death (mysanantonio.com)
- ‘Go Purple’ campaign intends to spread awareness of domestic violence in Western Pennsylvania (triblive.com)
- Woman kills boyfriend after Facebook row (todayonline.com)
- Video: Michael Holman slams Connecticut DCF – but YouTube upload button broken for KingCast65 (503,000 views)… but not for KingCast Franconia (49 views) how ’bout them banners? (christopher-king.blogspot.com)