1 Kings 2:1-46
In the above-mentioned scripture, David gave final instructions to Solomon that would ensure success. At David’s death, Solomon consolidated his power and administration. At the great King David’s death he exhorted his son to obey God, follow him, and be kind to others. This is the big secret to true success. I’m sure, we can all agree on this.
Successful people are at the right place at the right time to a great extent because they have learned how to take certain action steps in proper sequence. They have learned that scriptural truth, “To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1) They know that everything they desire has appropriate place and time for accomplishment, and toward that end, they set their priorities in certain orders, prepare themselves in certain ways, and refuse to give in to discouragement and failures along the way. Most of the time in the waiting season, it is the opportune time to prepare and be developed. It not just to have our hands folded and twiddling our thumbs. Again, there is a time for that too. Where are you in your season? Are you waiting and getting prepared? Check to see what God is saying through the Holy Spirit.
What about those who are unsuccessful? Be Careful of these Pitfalls
- Some fail because they lack dreams or they don’t believe in the possibility of their dreams becoming reality.
- Some fail to reach their full potential of a rewarding harvest in life because they have not turned their dreams into specific goals and plans of action for reaching those goals.
- Many others fail, however, because they are out of sync with time and place:
- They planted or fertilized their goals in the wrong season.
- They planted before they fully planned.
- The attempted to harvest a goal before it was fully developed.
Such failures arise not from lack of determination or willingness to keep trying but from efforts that are out of proper sequence. The result is that those who fail because of their improper alignment of time and place soon become frustrated. They begin to believe that it’s impossible for them to achieve anything significant, or allow their disappointments to develop into a failure-anticipating mind-set.
Success is for all who is in Jesus
The opportunity for success is yours. Believe it. Regardless of what you experience in your past, the future can hold success for you. If you want a successful life, then all your activities must reflect God’s will. Today, make God the center of your life. Ask God to show you what successful living means for you. Then rest easy in God’s peace and his plans.
(Inspired by Max Lucado writings)
- Seasons (rongeisler.com)
- Three Daily Tasks of a Spiritual Leader (garyrunn.com)
- 7 Simple Keys To Becoming Truly Successful! (georgeclerie.wordpress.com)
- “You aren’t an accident. You weren’t mass produced…” Max Lucado (haroldcameron.wordpress.com)
- Financial lessons from Solomon (christianpf.com)
- Christian author Max Lucado answers our Twitter followers’ questions – Articles (religionnews.com)
- Patience In Prayer (prayerworkscafe.org)
- Success (prayerworkscafe.org)