Psalm 51:1-19 (KJV)
2 Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14 Deliver me from blood guiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible
- ‘The Most Powerful Prayer Ever Uttered’ (jpfinn7.wordpress.com)
- 51st Psalm (onetenthblog.wordpress.com)
- Psalm Chapter 51 (pofw.wordpress.com)
- Repentance (savedbygraceblogdotcom.wordpress.com)
- Psalm Chapter 50 (pofw.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 64. A prayer for help (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Discourse On the Day of the Baptism of Christ (modeoflife.org)
- Job 13-15 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 13:1 How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? For ever? How long wilt thou hide thy face from me? (calvinistview.com)
- First believe, then do (johnmeunier.wordpress.com)