Thank you, http://pastorchrisjordan.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/food-for-thought-blogging-award/, for nominating me for the Food for Thought Blogging Award!
A little bit of history:
Citizen Tom created the Food For Thought Award. Here is his explanation: “What’s The Food for Thought Award? How can we combine The Super Sweet Blogger Award with The Thought Provoking Blog Award? Well, when a Christian blog offers visitors wisdom from the Word of God, isn’t that blog providing its visitors food for thought? Ah ha! Thus was born a new award.”
Here are the Rules:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the one who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Share seven of your favorite Bible passages. For extra points, (Perhaps our Father in heaven will award them), explain why each of these seven passages is a favorite.
- Nominate seven other bloggers you admire and enjoy! Why seven? In the Bible, seven symbolizes completeness.
- Inform each person that you have nominated them.
SEVEN OF MY FAVOURITE BIBLE PASSAGES:
This was a definite challenge because the Bible has 66 books,1189 chapters and 31,103 verses in a Bible. Beside that, about 137 more verses are actually unnumbered giving 31240 verses altogether. Therefore to pick seven favorite was very difficult. Having said that here is my seven for today:
- Lamentations 3:23 (NLT) “Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. “They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” I pick this verse because every moment I am reminded of his mercies and his faithfulness. The reason behind writing and sharing is the gift of salvation.
- Luke 18:1-8 (NIV) “Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town that kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary….” I pick this scripture and particularly verse one again because pray does works. I have proven and seen how my life has changed because of praying and reading.
- Deuteronomy 4:24 “I am a consuming fire and a jealous God”. I love this scripture because every moment it helps me to put God first and through the help of the holy spirit to eliminate idols from my life…
- Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” This scripture guard against doubt and insecurities in my life. Whenever I feel hopeless or I start believing lies I would quote this scripture and get back to my centering in Christ.
- Romans 6:23 (KJV) “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” This one is my favorite too. When I am out on the mission field and I get tired this helps me to keep going because souls are dying in sin because they have no one to tell them about the gift of God that brings eternal life. I am here because someone broke it down for me. Someone was probably tired but patient.
- Galations 5:19-26 (KJV) “16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.” I love this passage of scripture because it helps me in my daily walk with the Lord.
- Psalms 27:1-2 “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.” I love the entire passage because when the evil days are upon me, man I find refuge and safety in this passage…
- Can You Be a Feminist and Still Be a Godly Woman? (hisrib.wordpress.com)
- Other Translations: NKJV (exegete77.wordpress.com)
- 25 Famous Bible Verses (christianpf.com)
- Posts Related to the Food for Thought Award (citizentom.com)
- Food for Thought Award (loopyloo305.com)
- All to Jesus…Blog Tour Coming Through (worthabowedhead.wordpress.com)
- Lady in Waiting: Meditations (girlfriendscoffeehour.com)