Life at times is funny as it relates to perception and the past. Sometimes we operate like a dumper truck, we use peoples past against them. We all have our own past to deal with. Let be honest. There is at least one thing we have done in the past that we wish we had not done or it caused us embarrassment when we remember it. This is true for everyone.
So why do we forget when it comes on to ridiculing someone because of their past. My pastor would say if you are talking about a minute ago or yesterday you are talking out of unforgiveness… Moreover, the word of God encourages us to forgive.
In addition, people become cruel and they think that because you had such a past it should prevent you from receiving God’s blessings. Now, it does not work like that. God forgives us of our sins the moment we ask for forgiveness and he does not hold our past against us. Therefore, if God chooses to bless us with a spouse, beautiful children or just a unique spirit to love, it should not become confusing. If it is, then something is wrong and probably you are out of purpose.
Talk to a Godly friend or a Godly person. Ask for help with this.
Holding a long lasting perception of someone due to their past is not biblical and therefore is contrary to what Jesus Christ wants from us as the church. The focus should not be looking at the person’s past but, however be focused on genuinely seeing the good in everyone through the eyes of Jesus Christ. Our time must be spent walking in forgiveness and his truth for us and for others.
Do not hold grudges against anyone because of how God blesses them. We do not know their struggles. God Almighty is in control and we are not in a position to question what God does. Get in the habit of truly enjoying what God is doing for someone else. Be happy for people. It is Christ-like!
Spend some time is prayer and ask God for help if you struggle in this area.
It is difficult to try to walk in someone else’s shoe and do not understand the burdens they endure. Stop judging! At times, we can be so cruel that even if we have to destroy lives of even the innocent, we could not care less, because we want to achieve our own selfish desires.
Remember there is a God and he will repay us for the things we do.
Let check our motives; see if they are Godly… If they are not, stop and repent. Love, be kind, gentle and caring. Walk in the fruit of the spirit.
Try it today!
- Forgive, Forgive, and when you don’t know what else to do Forgive again (christinehammondcounseling.wordpress.com)
- Morning Prayer ~ October 7, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- 12.10.05 Exegesis – Galatians 5.2-26 (slideshare.net)
- 31 days of 2 min. devos: What Forgiveness Is and Is Not by Julie (gracefullwomen.com)
- Unforgiveness (cupofblessing.wordpress.com)
- Part 2 -Forgiveness: It’s A Choice That’s Commanded… (highlyfavored74.wordpress.com)
- Prayer for Reawakening (johndwmacdonald.com)
- Why Me ??? (myownheart.me)
- Do We Really Understand Forgiveness? (inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com)
- Love Is In The Air: Learning True Forgiveness On The Radio (prweb.com)